Paul qualified as an Environmental Health Officer in 1979 and has worked for a number of inner London and two rural authorities, specialising in private sector housing. Paul has also worked for a Residential Social Landlord as a Maintenance Manager, dealing with routine, cyclical and project management. Since 1995, Paul has worked as a consultant in this field, carrying out, managing and quality assessing stock condition surveys, working for both public and private sector landlords on specific projects or providing staff cover. He set up his own company in 1998.
After leaving school, Paul was one of the first students to obtain a B.Sc. (Hons) in Environmental Health at the University of Greenwich, gaining further qualifications with a Diploma in Management Studies from Kingston University and in Quality Assurance Assessment.
Paul has been involved with the implementation of the Housing Health and Safety Hazard Rating System since its inception in 1999. He is a University of Warwick Trainer for the system, having helped deliver over 100 courses on its assessment and enforcement.
Recent contracts have included;
- Managing the Houses in Multiple Occupation Team at Eastbourne Borough Council
- Acting Private Sector Housing Manager for Gravesham Borough Council, specifically submitting a successful bid for £0.86M additional grant funding
- Delivering training courses to Private Sector Landlords on HMO issues
- Delivering training courses to Surveying Companies and RSLs on the Health and Safety Hazard Rating System
He is currently employed as a Private Sector Safety Team Manager with Oxford City Council dealing with all aspects of Private Sector Housing, taking the lead on Unlawful Developments and Private Sector Housing Policy.
Managing Director, Quay Interactions
Deborah is a Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner with 25 years Local Government experience, 13 years as a Director of a District Council delivering Environmental Health, Waste Management and Housing as well as leading on organisational development and communications. In 2004 she launched her own company, drawing on her experience of senior and corporate management within Local Government and specialising in Transactional Analysis as a basis for individual and organisational learning and growth.
Over the last five years she has taken the lead in a number of strategic partnerships with Government, other Local Authorities and the private sector, where she has built a reputation of facilitating collaborative working; negotiating and delivering leading-edge developments.
Her strengths lie in providing support and guidance to enable people to perform as individuals and within teams to achieve organisational goals.
Deborah has been involved with the implementation of the Housing Health and Safety Hazard Rating System and has helped deliver over 100 courses on the assessment and enforcement of the system. She is also an Assessor of Professional Development for the CIEH.
Recent contracts include:
- Facilitating employee groups to support changes in organisational culture
- Negotiating funding agreements with Government on behalf of partnerships
- Delivering HHSRS training
- Improving the performance of multi-disciplinary Teams
- Coaching senior managers 1:1