Welsh Food Fraud Co-ordinator
Appointed in 2014 as Training Coordinator for the EU Commission BTSF Program – New Techniques for Investigating Food Fraud Courses, Rob Phillips has a wealth of knowledge in food fraud and investigation.
Highlights of Rob’s experience:
- Graduated from the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, in Environmental Health in 1990
- Worked in Carmarthenshire County Council for 11 years
- Spent two years on secondment with the Food Standards Agency investigating illegal meat frauds
- Member of the Food Standard Agency (FSA) Waste Food Task Force
- Appointed Food Fraud Co-ordinator for the newly- formed Welsh Food Fraud Co-ordination Unit in 2004
- Became a representative of the Food Standards Agency’s `Food Fraud Task Force’, which published a report in September 2007 identifying 16 recommendations designed to raise awareness of food fraud issues and to further protect consumers
- Holds the accreditation with the National Crime Agency as a Financial Investigator, therefore can provide financial investigations to Local Authorities for food fraud and can conduct confiscation proceedings for the recovery of criminal assets under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 on their behalf
- Current member of the Government Agency Intelligence Network (GAIN) group for Wales Current member of the FSA’s Food Fraud Advisory Unit.